Opportunities exist to become involved and engaged with your fellow artists, local art patrons and those visiting Yorktown to experience all our area has to offer. We look forward to exploring ways in which you can become involved with our organization.
Download and print your Application for membership 2018.
Ones completed mail it to: On the Hill Gallery, PO BOX 657, Yorktown, VA, 23690 or bring it in person to the Gallery with or without additional forms.
Participating Artist: Participating artists are those who have applied and been juried in for permanent gallery displays for a primary media. If artists choose a secondary media, it must be juried. Works on display should be rotated periodically.
Associate Artist: Associate artists are those who have not been juried into the gallery and do not maintain gallery displays. These artists may enter juried or non-juried shows at the discounted entry fee for members and enjoy all other privileges of membership.
Patron: Patron members are non-artist members of the Foundation who wish to support the arts and the Foundation. As Patrons, they are entitled to all the benefits of membership, to include gallery discounts, invitation to receptions and much more!
Everyone who displays art in On The Hill Gallery will have to volunteer to work in the Gallery, serve on a committee or contribute to the success of YAF and the Gallery in a sustained way. There are many jobs that we need done, that even with those with full time jobs can do. Stay tuned for more details on the 100 percent participation initiative and other changes.
Beginning January 1st and ending December 31st:
• Individual, $40.00 per year
• Family, $50.00 per year
The following information is intended to give you an understanding of what types of artwork are eligible for display and sale in the gallery and the jurying process.
• Artists 18 years and older living in the Peninsula and Tidewater region are eligible
• Eligible 2D work includes watercolor, oil, acrylic, drawing, encaustic, mixed media, printmaking and stained glass
• Eligible 3D work includes clay and porcelain pottery and sculpture, fiber arts, basketry, decorative painted items, woodturning, jewelry, sculpture in wood, metal, glass or mixed media
• All entries must be for sale
• The gallery is responsible for collecting and paying the 6% Virginia State sales tax
• On the Hill Gallery reserves the right to exclude artwork that may be inappropriate for all audiences
• Although every care will be taken by the gallery, liability cannot be assumed for loss or damage of submitted works. It is suggested that artists wishing protection insure their works independently
• Artists accepted to display and sell in the gallery on an ongoing basis are expected become members of the gallery by paying the membership fee, completing a Membership Application and Artist Contract
• Unless notification in writing is provided to the contrary, it is understood that images of accepted artwork may be photographed and reproduced for promotional purposes
• Works must be original, completed within the last two years and may not infringe upon another’s copyright
• If photo references are used, they must be the artist’s own or used by permission of the photographer
• In addition to staffing the gallery, as members, artists are encouraged to become involved by serving on a committee, teaching, demonstrating techniques or lecturing. On the Hill Gallery provides a unique opportunity for the artist members to benefit from having a presence in the gallery and the arts community
•The Jury consists of at least three members of the YAF Gallery Operations Committee
• For the present time, all work must be brought in to the gallery to be juried; currently, digital images are not acceptable for jurying
• If you have a specific question about what is acceptable/unacceptable, please read “On the Hill Standards”, which addresses details regarding individual media
• Artists should complete the Artist Application to Exhibit in the Gallery and the Artist Questionnaire. If available, please provide a resume and artist statement
• Artists who wish to jury, may do so by submitting an application by email/mail or in person to On the Hill Gallery. We will contact you and schedule an appointment