The first art exhibition “The Spirit of American Military Art: The Never Ending Story,” dedicated to American veterans was held November 11 – 26, 2017.The Second Veterans Art Show will be held on November 10-30, 2018 at On The Hill Gallery. The show will be judged with ribbons and prizes awarded in the following areas:
– Photography and Digital Art
– Painting – all mediums welcome
– 3D Art – wood work, clay, sculpture and jewelry
Drop off art work between 11AM and 5PM, November 1 or 2 at On the Hill Gallery, 402 Main Street, Yorktown. The art will be displayed / hung on Friday and judged before Saturday afternoon.
You do not have to be a member of Yorktown Arts Foundation, and there is no cost to participate. First place person in each area will receive a ribbon and prize. Second, third, and honorable mentions will also be recognized.
All participants and their families are invited to the opening reception on Saturday, November 10, 2018 from 6-8PM at the gallery.
All artwork can be picked up at the end of the show on Friday, November 30, 2018.
• The show is open to any veteran from any service branch
• Up to two pieces of work will be accepted
• The artwork must be framed and wired and ready to hang/display
• The paper label aprox. 4 x 4 inches must be attached to the back with artist’s name, medium, price and title
• Active military or military veterans living in the Peninsula and Tidewater region are eligible;
• Eligible 2D work includes watercolor, oil, acrylic, drawing, en-caustic, mixed media, printmaking, and stained glass;
• Eligible 3D work includes clay and porcelain pottery or sculpture, decorative painted items, wood turning, jewelry, sculpture in wood, metal, glass or mixed media;
• The entries can be either for sale or not for sale (NFS);
• The gallery is responsible for collecting and paying the 6% Virginia State sales tax;
• On the Hill Gallery reserves the right to exclude artwork that may be inappropriate for all audiences;
• Although every care will be taken by the gallery, liability cannot be assumed for loss or damage of submitted works. It is suggested that artists wishing protection insure their works independently;
• Unless notification in writing is provided to the contrary, it is understood that images of accepted artwork may be photographed and reproduced for promotional purposes;
• Works must be original, and may not infringe upon another copyright;
• If photo references are used, they must be the artist’s own or used by permission of the photographer.
Thank you for your interest!